Tired of the same old hummus recipes? This one uses white beans rather than chickpeas, which is another great base for creamy dips. Turmeric is a flavorful spice that tastes delicious and helps fight inflammation in the body. Using it in combination with black pepper is essential for reaping the most health benefits from the spice. It tastes great paired with garlic and cumin. I use this trio in this recipe and the Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower Salad.
- 2 whole carrots or 6 "baby" carrots
- 1 can of cannelini beans
- Juice of 1 lemon OR lime
- Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cumin
- Put all ingredients except oil in food processor. Pulse until everything is combined.
- Drizzle oil while continuing to pulse until consistency is smooth and creamy.
- For more flavor, add more of the spices. For a creamier consistency you can add a bit more tahini.
- Enjoy with veggies, chips, crackers, on sandwiches and salads.