Turmeric is a natural way to improve gut health and reduce inflammation. Combining turmeric with black pepper brings out its detoxifying properties. This salad also incorporates radicchio which has many digestive benefits. The dressing can be made ahead and stored for up to a week.
- 1 head garlic
- 1 head radicchio
- 1 green such as arugula/spinach/romaine
- 2-3 large carrots
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 head cauliflower
- Olive or avocado oil
- 1 lemon
- If making dressing ahead, roast the head of garlic and set aside 5 cloves for the cauliflower and 4 cloves for the dressing.
- Tahini Dressing: Add tahini, juice of 1 lemon, garlic, 2 tbsp oil, salt and pepper to food processor. Pulse until combined. Add 1tbsp of water at a time and pulse until dressing is your desired consistency (should be thin enough to drizzle but thick enough that it's still creamy)
- Salad: Shred radicchio with a sharp knife, curl carrots with a vegetable peeler or mandolin, thinly slice cucumber and toss with the green.
- Cauliflower: Cut into florets and toss with oil, salt/pepper, roasted garlic (or chopped up raw if you did not roast ahead) a generous amount of turmeric and about 1 tsp of cumin (I probably use over a tbsp of turmeric because I love it but if you are to sure how much you like it try a tsp for the first time). Roast at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes or until fork tender and slightly charred, tossing halfway through.
- Add cauliflower to the salad and drizzle the tahini dressing