Summer is the easiest time of year for whipping up quick salads because there is so much seasonal produce that tastes perfect raw. In this recipe, the only part that is cooked is the corn, which is briefly sautéed in coconut oil, but the rest if just raw greens, red onion, heirlooms and pepitas. It's tossed with one of my favorite summer dressings, fresh basil avocado cream- YUM!
- Raw pepitas
- Raw corn off the cob
- 1 Red onion
- Greens of choice
- Mini heirloom tomatoes
- 1 Avocado
- Coconut oil
- Avocado oil (olive oil or any dressing friendly oil will do)
- Fresh basil
- 1 Lemon or lime
- 1-2 Garlic cloves
- Sautée corn with coconut oil, salt and pepper on medium/low heat for 5-10 minutes. You want it to still be crunchy, but just slightly cooked.
- Thinly slice red onion by chopping onion in half, then half again. Carefully slice thin half moons.
- Cut the tomatoes in halves
- Follow my recipe for Avocado Cream as the dressing
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl