These are great on their own, or paired as a salad or toast. For salad toss with greens, a cruncy seed or nut and cheese such as goat or feta. For toast, mash some avocado/lime or lemon/salt and pepper atop your favorite toasted bread, then add the carrots on top to make a classic favorite a little more hearty!
- Whole carrots
- 3 Garlic cloves
- Fresh thyme
- Olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Optional: greens like arugula/microgreens to make salad
- Optional: cheese like feta or goat cheese (if not preparing as vegan)
- Optional: Crunch like pepitas or a nut
- Optional: Bread for toast/avocado
- Cut carrots in half both ways (as if you were breaking them in half, then cut the halves lengthwise)
- Chop garlic cloves
- Toss olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and thyme with carrots
- Roast until carrots are fork teder at 400 degrees (approx. 40 minutes depending on their size)
- Combine 1/4 cup balsamic with 1 cup olive oil, salt, pepper, juice of lemon and honey. Shake in a sealed container or whisk until emulsified.
- Drizzle over carrots or toss together all ingredients including carrots if preparing as a salad.