Strawberry and avocado is one of my favorite summer combos. What pops into my mind right away when I think of this duo is a great big spinach salad with some sort of nut and balsamic situation. Berries and avocado are both such great breakfast components though! Berries are a great low sugar fruit that sweetens the smoothie up. Avocado and almond butter make it creamy and thick, and are the perfect healthy fats to start the day with. Vanilla gives it that final pop of flavor to make it a perfect dessert for breakfast kinda morning.
- 4 or 5 strawberries
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 cup of almond milk (give or take depending on your desired consistency)
- Extras: protein powder or collagen peptides, adaptogens such as reishi, maca for energy and your favorite toppings (mine are cacao nibs, hemp seeds and crushed walnuts)
- Cut tops off of berries and half the avocado. Add all ingredients except for the toppings to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add ice to make it colder and more almond milk if it is too thick. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and add your favorite toppings