Summertime is my favorite time of year for easy throw together plant-based meals filled with seasonal, fresh produce. The base of this nutrient packed, hearty yet light bowl is spinach, millet, tomatoes and avocado. It can be majorly upgraded with the grilled vegetables and my new favorite immunity boosting superfood, Brazil nuts to add a crunch. Try the base as a quick lunch or side and the final version as the star of your next grill out.
- Spinach or arugula
- Heriloom tomato(s)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic clove
- Optional : Veggies to grill (squash, zucchini and/or asparagus)
- Optional: Brazil Nuts
- Prepare the millet
- Make dressing by combining mint, basil, juice and zest of a lemon and garlic clove in food processor. Drizzle olive oil in while pulsing until emulsified.
- Optional: cut up and marinate the tomato in some of the dressing in the fridge for an hour
- Combine greens, millet, dressing, tomato and cut up avocado
- Upgrade (requires double the dressing): cut the squash and zucchini lengthwise and in 3 inch pieces and snap the bottoms off of the asparagus. Grill using the dressing as a marinade. After grilling, slice them up and add to the bowl!
- Chop up whole, raw Brazil Nuts to toss in and sprinkle atop
- Garnish with extra pieces of basil and mint