Peach season is upon us! Summer is my favorite time of year for making my fruit salad part of my salad. Peach salads are the perfect starter for an outdoor meal or can be made an entree by adding some protein. I have a few ingredients I like to use with peaches in salads: avocado, goat cheese, ripe tomatoes, nuts, basil and/or balsamic. I also like these same ingredients with strawberries as well! Find a recipe with some variations you can try below.
Peach Avocado Salad
- 4 ripe peaches
- Mixed lettuces
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- Sliced almonds
- Optional: goat cheese crumbles or almond milk cheese
- Dressing option 1: 1 tsp raw honey, 1 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, salt/pepper
- Dressing option 2: 1 bunch basil, 8 brazil nuts, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, avocado oil, salt/pepper
- Toast almonds for just a couple of minutes in the toaster or oven on 250 degrees until they begin to brown. Careful- they burn quickly!
- Cut up the avocados, peaches and tomatoes and toss with the lettuce
- For dressing 1: whisk together ingredients until emulsified
- For dressing 2: put all ingredients except oil in a food processor and pulse until combined. Drizzle oil little by little until a creamy dressing has formed
- Top with toasted almonds and goat or almond milk cheese if you choose
- Toss with dressing of choice