Adaptogens make great natural remedies for countless physical and mental problems. They can be easily incorporated into a variety of recipes, most commonly smoothies, but also baked goods, soups and other foods/drinks.
In this recipe, I combine the popular matcha latte with an adaptogen latte, making an extra powerful potion to start the day with or use as an afternoon pick me up. Coconut butter is a great ingredient that thickens the latte and helps it foam up a bit after being blended. I have selected euccomia, reishi, maca, chlorella and suma because of how they match some of my physical needs. There are tons of different adaptogens and herbs out there. Choose your favorites when adapting this recipe or others. Find the benefits of each ingredient below.
- 1 cup cashew milk (I like to make my own by soaking raw cashews for 2+ hrs, rinsing them then blending them with fresh water)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tsp matcha powder (energizing, mood balancing and good source of antioxidants)
- 1 tsp maca ( I used a Sunfood Potion blend with chlorella and suma for some extra greens)
- 1/2 tsp Euccomia or other adaptogen of choice
- 1/2 tsp Reishi or other adaptogen of choice
- 1 tbsp Coconut Butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Optional Sweetener: Raw honey or agave to taste (start with a tiny bit and add more if you need it)
- Boil hot water in tea kettle or in a pot- once it comes to a boil, let it sit so it cools down a tiny bit before later adding to blender
- Add all other ingredients to the blender and blend
- Add hot water to the blender and blend
- Taste to see if you need more sweetener or hot water- microwaving will disrupt the benefits of the matcha and adaptogens so add more hot water from the stove and blend to increase temp