Greenbow Organics uses sustainable and bee friendly practices in their non-gmo organic bee products. They have partnered with Planet Bee Foundation to act as environmental stewards in protecting honeybees around the world. Find out more about them and my Sweet Potato Turmeric Bee Pollen Bowl recipe!
As a long time sufferer from allergies, I never thought that I would find myself consuming bee pollen. However, the superfood has incredible benefits, as does honey, which may in turn build our immunity and defense against environmental irritants and allergens. Bee pollen has a high composition of protein, which makes it a great addition to a smoothie bowl for a protein packed meal, like the one in this recipe. It also contains antioxidants, which have been shown to decrease signs of aging and improve overall wellness.
Always a fan of anything and everything with digestive benefits, turmeric is not only in my spice cabinet, but in my teas, hummus and now honey. I love that Greenbow makes a raw honey with turmeric, making an already superfood even better!
Most important, Greenbow uses sustainable and bee friendly practices in their non-gmo organic bee products. They have partnered with Planet Bee Foundation to act as environmental stewards in protecting honeybees around the world.
Turmeric Cashew Sweet Potato Smoothie
- 1 cup Frozen sweet potato cubes (can be found in frozen food aisle of most organic grocery stores)
- 1 cup Cashew milk (or any preferred milk)
- Dash of Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Greenbow turmeric raw honey (or raw honey and ground turmeric)
- Half Frozen banana
- Toppings (Chia, pumpkin seeds, Greenbow Bee Pollen, raw shredded coconut, hemp seeds, flax seeds, walnuts)
- Optional: 1 tbsp nut butter and ice for thickness/creaminess and blueberries for extra flavor and antioxidants
- Add all ingredients except toppings to blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl and add toppings for a protein packed and fiber rich breakfast!